Friday, March 2, 2007

How About Some Tradition...



In order to get a fine art degree in college, even for Graphic Design, you have to take a series of traditional art courses including Drawing, Painting, and Sculpture. Now, since I was a kid, I've had a pencil in my hand drawing anything I was interested in, usually jets and cars and car tank hybrid machines that I thought were cool, but as I got older, I started to want to learn how to draw people and other natural subject matter. Though not a fan of college, it did give me the time to learn. In college, I was able to produce some rather nice pieces in charcoal and pencil(graphite). In the next few posts, I will show you some of what I managed to accomplish through my Drawing I, Drawing II, and Figure Drawing classes.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Wow you are an amazing artist! The depth in your pictures and the gradient use even in just drawing is just absolutely incredible. I can't wait to see when you post more of your work. College has truly pulled out some of the best in you!
-Casey Garr

Anonymous said...

I assume the pictures are your work...they are great! I admire and kind of envy people with artistic talent like that!

thomas said...

so...awesome...

Julia Morton said...

This is my favorite by far!