Monday, March 5, 2007

My Best Still Life...


Some of the smoothness and the blends in this conte crayon piece were not caught by the picture I took of it so a little information was lost but the idea is still present. This is one of my favorite drawings from college because of the way in which it was done. The paper is a dark gray which is utilized as the middle gray color while I used black conte crayon for the shadows and white for the highlights. I thought this was cool because it was the first time I've ever drawn the highlights of something. It was a little hard to think in those terms. Another reason why it is one of my favorites because I remember how hard it was to get those cube shaped frames to look right as they cast shadows across each other and how they were leaning at weird angles. It took me about two class periods to work out all the details.

1 comment:

Julia Morton said...

Jake I didnt know you draw!!! This looks great! Very impressed!